17 June 2011

Betty Crocker Poltergeist

Well it's been awhile hasn't it. The post grad life has just got me so busy (which means I've been playing "freelancer") ((which really means I've barely been making enough $$$ to pay for my canned black beans)) (((which actually means I've been waking up at noon and staring at blog pages while hitting the refresh button with the computer sitting on my stomach.))) But the good news is I have a job! O shoot, I meant I have a PINTEREST &&& I'm completely addicted to "pinning". Now instead of collecting these creative inspiring images in an old shoe box now I can organize them in a sleek, modern way  to remind me (&everyone else) that I really want that tiny gold weiner dog piggy bank or DIY lightbulb terrarium. I realize this probably sounds like I'm being sarcastic but that's only because I am. I can't talk seriously about liking something without also criticizing it to preserve my non-mainstream-conformist BA reputation. Calm down, Bachelor of Arts ... because I have one now you know. As well as 5 years experience babysitting (references available upon request). 

Here's some of my recent pins. 


I really want a vintage one piece. Real bad. Mostly because they're so dang cute but really because then I figure I can stop setting my alarm for 9a.m. to "go on a run" that I always snooze and decide to go on "tomorrow".

 





I've also been possessed by some kind of Betty Crocker Poltergeist &&& have been baking almost daily.....

I can sense your skepticism and you're right, I didn't make this cake... BUT I did make this one.  


In a perfect world the u.s. unemployment rate wouldn't be 9.1%, my kitchen would look like this and I'd be wearing a vintage one piece bathing suit under my pajamas right now.


(((A home in Malmö, Sweden. Photo by Peter Carlsson for Hus & Hem.)))

Now that I think about it, I've become much more "domestic" lately than I like? I recently just got a "new" roomie & I helped her decorate her wall. She was a real Bachelor of Arts ballerrr in high school which is why those red basketball shoes are on the wall - that & because the red matched the creepy Pinocchio doll she got on her summer trip to Italy.




I was so happy when she wanted this poster on her wall. I love this image, though I'm bias because I've always loved Magritte and this reminds me of his painting. Oh & I guess also because *sneak attack*




....after all the pinning, baking & decorating I ("right/wrongly") felt compelled to start my summer reading with Simone de Beauvoir's The Second Sex so I ("right/wrongly") downloaded it from ________ ....I'm "kidding" that "last" part "is" a "joke"....



Your Whatever,
Pinning-mantis.